|Christoffelkerk, parish church|
|H. Geestkerk, chapter church|
|Munsterabdij, Cistercian nuns|
Near Roermond is St.OdiliŽnberg (at that time named Petrusberg), where Plechelmus, Wiro and Otger founded the Petruskerk (at first named Mary's chapel ?). In 858 this was donated to the bishop of Utrecht who had fled from the Normen; until 1559 it was an enclave in the diocese of Luik (Duizend jaar... p. 156).
Wiro also founded a monastic community, that in the 11th century was transformed into a secular chapter; in 1361 this was transferred to H. Geestkerk in Roermond (Hereswitha, pp. 273-275 and 749-750).
Odilia from the Elzas was also venerated here.
|St. OdiliŽnberg, Monasterium S. Sepulcri, Sepulcrijnen|