's Hertogenbosch: Baseldonck
Wilhelmietenklooster Baseldonck or Porta Caeli in 's Hertogenbosch. Founded ca 1245; the oldest Gulielmite settlement north of the Alps. The name Baseldonck refers to the first prior Winand van Bazel. Disbanded 1629.
A scriptorium existed, in which some manuscripts, mainly for private use, were produced.
|NL-Avu xv 00004, Breviarium, 2nd half 14th century (In Buscoducis, pp. 120-121, incl. facs.)|
|NL-Avu xv 00005, Ordinarius, 1596|
|NL-Avu xv 05004, Psalterium, 2nd half 14th century (In Buscoducis, pp. 122-123, incl. facs.)|
|NL-Avu xv 05006, Antiphonarium aestivalis, 1516|
|NL-Avu xv 05007, Antiphonarium hiemalis (in two volumes), 1531|
|NL-HUIJBwm s.n., Missal, 1515, written in Baseldonk by Georgius van Balen, illuminated by Aernt van Schuylen. Without notation except for the priest's prayers (which are recorded in square notation on red staves) (In Buscoducis, pp. 503-504, incl. facs.) At present kept in the Wilhelmietenmuseum|
In 1514 two breviaries are prepared by the Gulielmite Aernt (Arnoldus) van Schuylen, for the birgittines of MariŽnwater (now in the birgittine abbey Maria-Refugie at Uden).
In Kriezels, nr. 127, p. 137, a Missal from the library of Baseldonck is mentioned (NL-Avu xv 05005, second or third quarter 15th century, prepared in Brabant (?)).
|In Buscoducis, pp. 493 and 501-504|
|Heijting: Het Wilhelmietenklooster te 's Hertogenbosch, in: Een Vrije Universiteitsbibliotheek (Assen 1980)|
|Gregoriaans in laatmiddeleeuws 's-Hertogenbosch, pp. 111-160|