's Hertogenbosch: Gregoriushuis
Huis van de Heilige Gregorius van de Broeders van het Gemene Leven, sometimes called 'Bossche
fraters'. Founded 1425 in 's Hertogenbosch by
brothers from the Gregoriushuis
Zwolle. Their church was dedicated to the Virgin Mary
and Johannes Baptista. In 1469 the community was transformed into a
college of canons, directly governed by the bishop. In 1623, after
some years of trouble, the community was disbanded; their house and
their books became property of the Abdij van Berne.
During their flourishing period the brothers had a scriptorium with a
large production for other churches etc. in the region.
Manuscripts for the brethren's own use
Manuscripts produced for others
For the St-Janskerk
St.-Janskerk was the main church of
For the Illustre Lieve Vrouwe Broederschap
The Illustre Lieve Vrouwe Broederschap settled in St.-Janskerk in 's Hertogenbosch.
For the church of Boxtel
| || NL-TILtf Haaren 35, Antiphonarium, 1596-1598, prepared
for the Petruskerk in Boxtel (In
Buscoducis, p. 140, incl. facs.) |
| || NL-TILtf Haaren 36 and 37, Antiphoner in 2 volumes
(winter and summer part), 1599-1601, prepared for the Petruskerk in Boxtel (In Buscoducis, p. 141, incl. facs.)
| || NL-Nu 448 (olim Soeterbeeck IV 7), Antiphoner, ca 1520,
probably prepared for MariŽnhage in Helmond
In Weiler: Volgens de norm ..., p. 213 (Bijlage), all manuscripts
produced by the Gregoriushuis are listed.
Some Berne fragments bear a mark of the
Gregoriushuis; some of them, however, formed parts of manuscripts
prepared before its founding in 1425 (see:
De Loos: De liturgische
Last change: Thu 08 September 2005