Benedictine abbey in Gent. It was founded (perhaps by Amandus) as a church dedicated to Peter before the mid 7th century. It was at first called 'Ganda'; it received the name 'Baafsabdij' because it kept the relics of Bavo. The rule of St Benedict was adopted in the 10th century. Ca 1536 the convent was transformed into a chapter church.
Since 980 the abbey kept relics of Landoaldus and his companions (Amantius, Julianus, Vinciana, Adeltrude) and Landrada. Since 985 it kept also relics of Barbara, Pancratius and Macharius, and offices for some of these saints were composed, as well as for Livinus and Pharaildis. (De Sint-Baafskathedraal, a.o. pp. 55 and 57)
These are summed up by Haggh 1996, pp. 62-63. A.o.:
|B-Gu 488, offices for Livinus and Landoaldus|
|Ganda et Blandinium|
|Haggh: Sources ... (on the liturgical manuscripts)|
|De Sint-Baafskathedraal in Gent van Middeleeuwen tot Barok|